- The Gauteng EIA Sector Stakeholder Seminar, which was held on the 12 March 2019; and
- The Department of Water and Sanitation, Directorate: National Water Resource Planning - Strategy Steering Committee (SSC) meeting for the continuation of the Integrated Vaal River System Reconciliation Strategy Study – Phase 2, which was held on the 13th of March, 2019.
The FSE is in possession of the subjoined presentations and supporting documentation pertaining to the Gauteng EIA Sector Stakeholder Seminar, which the FSE will forward on request.
The FSE’s presentation is attached hereto.
These documents include:
- The Phased Activities Explanatory Document, updated in February 2015.
- Presentations from:
1. EAPASA and
2. The Federation for a Sustainable Environment.
- The following Explanatory documents:
- EIA Validity Period Explanatory Document
- Clearance of Indigenous Vegetation Explanatory Document
- Decommissioning Explanatory Document
- Regulation 54A Explanatory Document
- The Activities and Time-Lines Document. This document will assist in understanding Section 24G applications and / or identification of listed or specified activities (if any).
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT GAUTENG (GDARD) PROVINCIAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK STANDARD
- GDARD: Presentation of the Mapping of Environmental Decisions
- Presentations by Department of Mineral Resources (North West, Western Cape and KZN) (attached) – unfortunately DMR (Gauteng Region) did not present
- Presentations of DEA:
- IPS and NEMA Section 24G
- Waste Management Licencing
- CSPS Admin
- Energy Applications Explanatory Document for GNR 779
- Annexure A: Published Notice –GNR 779 of 1 July 2016
- Annexure B: Electricity Regulations on New Generation Capacity
- Annexure C: Renewable Energy Determination
- Annexure D: Coal and Hydro Determination
- Annexure E: Gas Determination
- Annexure F: Cogeneration Determination
- Annexure G: Nuclear Determination
The FSE is a member of the Department of Water and Sanitation’s Steering Committee for the Continuation of the Integrated Vaal River System reconciliation Strategy Study – Phase 2 and participated in the 2nd SCC which was held on the 13th of February, 2019.
The Agenda included the following Items:
- Study Progress Overview
- Parallel National and International Processes
- National Water and Sanitation Master Plan
- ORASECOM Climate Resilient Water Resources Investment Strategy and L-BWT project
- Strategy Interventions (Current Status)
- Water conservation/water Demand Management (Urban Sector)
- Rand Water Project 1600
- City of Tshwane Water Resources Master Plan Implementation
- Irrigation Management
i. Eradication of Unlawful Irrigation
ii. DWS Water Management Plans
iii. Implementation of LHWP Phase 2
iv. Noordoewer/Vioolsdrift Dam Feasibility Study
v. Water Quality Management
- Implementation of Long-Term AMD Solution
- Dilution Assessment
- Water Quality Management Strategy TOR
4. Water Balance Status
The FSE will supply the above-mentioned presentations on request.